Saturday, August 27, 2011

Beautiful Simple Moments

This is a layout I did for a dear friend of mine with the August Scraps of Darkness kit called "Envy".  She and her daughter were walking over a bridge, and her husband decided it was a worthy photo opportunity.  I agree, and I couldn't help but scrap it for her.  I will be sending her this as a gift this week.  I cannot say enough about how beautiful this kit is!  It was loaded with beautiful papers from Kaisercraft and flowers from  Petaloo and ZVA Creative.  It has lots of other beautiful embellishments too! 
The paper in the middle of the diecut is a handmade paper from Italy that another friend of mine brought back to me from her vacation there.  It has real pink flower petals embedded in the fibers.  It's such a beautifully textured paper.  I accented some areas on the diecut with Snow-Tech for more texture, and then used spray mists and chalk ink to accent it.

 Here's a closeup of some of the awesome embellishments and trinkets in this kit.
 This kit also had some dragonfly rub-ons from The Robin's Nest.  I applied the rub-on to some transparency, cut it out, and bent the wings up. 
Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you put the dragonfly on a transparency. How cool is that trick!!! this was a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete